What is the process of MNP carried out through SMS?
Porting numbers these days is not at all uncommon. It has become quite easy to port your number from one telecom operator to the other. When we talk about using Mobile Number Portability (MNP) to move to a different network, one of the best telecom operators in the country is Airtel. The steps are totally hassle-free, and you can carry out the process even through SMS. Want to know how? Here you go:
- Once you are sure you want to port to Airtel postpaid, you have to send an SMS to 1900 in the format of “PORT <space> your mobile number”. For example, PORT 98XXXXXXXX to 1900
- You will receive an SMS with your porting code which will remain valid for up to 4 days
- Now you can visit the website at airtel.in
- Go to the Postpaid tab and select Port to Airtel
- You have to choose from the Postpaid plans that are available
- Now you have to fill the space that you can see on the page. The spaces will demand details like your name, existing mobile number, locality, address, etc.
- Once you submit them, Airtel executives will contact you to schedule a delivery of your new SIM
- The executives will visit you at the address you mention and as per your convenience to collect KYC and handover the postpaid SIM card to you
- You can then activate the SIM within 48 hours
Airtel SIM is activated at the midnight and may take around a couple of hours. You can track the porting order through Airtel Thanks App. The entire process is free and done quite fast. Porting to Airtel postpaid is in fact the easiest thing to do that can be done through SMS and the rest of the steps can be carried out online. If you want, you can also visit your nearest Airtel store to submit all your documents and then send the SMS to 1900.
You will get the Porting Code there, which you can show to the executives at the store, and can get the postpaid SIM card from the store itself. This all can be done in just a few hours. The choice is totally yours, whether you want to visit the Airtel store and do it, or you can do it from the comfort of your home.
While browsing through the Airtel postpaid plans, you will come across several types of plans. Some of them are great for individual use, while some of them are perfect for a family. If you want to share the plan with your family, you can choose plans like INR 749, INR 999, and INR 1599, and share the benefits with your loved ones. This option will enable you to save a lot of money at the end of the month.
In case, you realize that the plan you chose during porting is not right for you, it can be changed through the Airtel Thanks App. Once you are an Airtel postpaid user, it will be really helpful for you to keep the Airtel Thanks App on your phone. From paying your postpaid bill to switching to a new plan, everything can be done in a few clicks through the Airtel Thanks App.