There’s nothing better than a relaxing and fun weekend trip to recharge your mind after a hectic week. You could pack your bags immediately, leave on Friday, and be back by Sunday with loads of beautiful memories. It may even be a workcation! A road trip to Ooty is a good option if you’re in Bangalore. Look for Bangalore to Ooty cabs now and plan your fun vacation.
Why Choose Ooty?
Ooty has earned its reputation as the Queen of hill stations. It is magnificent, beautiful, relaxing, fun, and everything you could want in a vacation spot. Ooty is near Tamil Nadu and is based in the Nilgiri range.
You can expect beautiful waterfalls and streams in Ooty’s landscape. Furthermore, the forests and botanical gardens are a must-visit here. If you want a close-to-nature trip and to breathe in that fresh air, Ooty is the place to be. The main attractions to put up on your list are Doddabetta Peak, Annamalai Temple, tea plantations and gardens, and the Ooty rose gardens. Therefore, you should plan your visit now and know how to get there!
How to Get to Ooty?
To reach Ooty’s waterfalls and pleasant weather, you can take your car or book a cab if you want to relax. You’d be travelling for around 6 to 7 hours, so hiring a cab will be more comfortable than driving.
You can choose from multiple routes for your Bangalore to Ooty road trip. Each route would have something different, a beautiful waterfall or a quicker travel time. You may choose either of these routes to get to Ooty from Bangalore:
- Mysore-Masinagudi Route
You’d be covering around 280 km on this route and travelling through National Highways 275 and 766. This route is the most common for Bangalore to Ooty travels, as it’s the shortest one. You can check out the following spots on this route:
- Ramadevara Betta: If you like trekking and want to indulge in adventure, this is the perfect spot. Additionally, it is just some kilometres away from Ramanagara.
- Janapada Loka: You will find a famous open-air museum showcasing folk culture and art and crafts.
- Kanva Reservoir: This small detour from Ramanagara would be perfect for enjoying a picnic at the artificial lake and having a great time with family or friends.
- Salem-Coonoor Route
If you don’t mind spending a couple of extra hours on the road, this scenic route would be an excellent option. The Salem-Coonoor route offers beautiful locations, and you can enjoy nature at its finest. However, the travel time would be around 8 to 9 hours here. You can visit the following spots on the way:
- Krishnagiri Dam: You can spend your time checking out this artificial dam and getting some beautiful shots. Enjoy the breeze and relax before you continue your drive.
- Yercaud: This beautiful spot in Salem is perfect for enjoying a green landscape, fresh air, and sceneries on your way.
- Dolphin’s Nose View Point: If you want those great Instagram-worthy shots, stop at this spot surrounded by beautiful valleys.
- Kanakapura-Kollegal Route
This route also takes around 7 hours through National Highway 948. You’d be travelling around 290 kilometres to reach Ooty. Here are some spots you must visit on the way:
- Mekedatu: You can relax and take some time off your travels here with a boat ride near Kanakpura.
- Chunchi Falls: If you love photography and capturing beautiful natural spots, stop at Chunchi Falls during your drive.
- Shivanasamudra: This waterfall is another place to take off your shoes and enjoy the fresh water and scenery. You can get here through a small detour from Malavalli.
Choose the perfect route for your travels now and book an airport taxi in Bangalore to begin your trip to Ooty!